Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LinkCom transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I have several CCFL inverters, all of them use LinkCom transformers, I haven't been able to find out much information on them. Here's the markings on two of them.

LB-4013-DT
Danger Z (the Z is a little lightning bolt)
LinkCom 0222

LDT0234
Danger Z
LinkCom 0216

For a change Google is producing zip for information.

I shorted the high turns side on one of them and was thinking about trying to rewind it for a slightly lower voltage higher current so I was looking to see what info I could find on them from the maker as far as turns ratio go. I never tested the actual voltage on the one that died so I can't infer the turns ratio from the input/output voltage, and I have no desire to unwind it while counting!

These kinds of transformers seem to be pretty common, can anyone tell me how they're wound? The high side is always obvious, just two leads. The primarys are 5 wires though. I haven't traced the circuit back to figure out what they're likley used for but I'm asuminmg two of them are the primary coil and two of them is a feedback coil? What about the extra pin?

Last edited:
The fifth transformer connection is the center tap of the primary winding. See Royer Converter.

That's true, it's also normally a bifilar winding to keep it ballanced.

What are the tube dimensions?

If you know the tube dimensions you might be able to guess the ignition voltage and work out the turns ratio.

The tube is about 9 inches.

I've had a 12" tube before and the inverter put out about 800V so 600V is probably a good estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back