Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

line-out from a keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayes5

I have an older style organ (keyboard) and was wondering if I could incorporate a line-out jack or a jack that bI coulsd patch the organ into my guitar amplifier

You could use a simple attenuator from the speaker output. You could even directly take the line out from the speaker connection IF you're careful and don't let the volume get too high.

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply Sceadwian. So I could bypass the speaker using a attenuator then to a male jack to plug into my amp.Is this correct.

It's not bypassing the speaker, it's using IT's output as the input to a line in jack, if you keep the volume low it's fine, if you set the volume too high it depends on the protection circuits that are on that line-in jack.

Connect your guitar amplifier AUX input to the non-wiper terminals of the volume control in your organ.
Run a piece of shielded cable from the organ volume control to a quarter inch jack installed at the back of the organ and you will be able to use standard terminated cables.
Miguel

thank you Externet I have to apologise I really am uneducated in electronics if you could draw a simple schematic I might be able to figure something out

could you please explain it a little more I know very little about electronics. Where would a person like go to to get this kind of a job done.

You'd simply wire the speaker to the input of the line-in jack. It's a pretty ugly hack and you'd have to keep the volume on the keyboard very low but it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back