Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Limited PayPal options at Digikey.com - is it just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gophert

Most Helpful Member
When I use Mouser, my PayPal account works fine and I can select any source of funds (PayPal Balance, Bank Transfer, PayPal credit or Credit Card).

When I use Digikey, they are somehow limiting my source of funds options -I cannot select PayPal Balance. It is not even an option on the list when I try to checkout. I've even deleted my bank info to see if it defaults to my PayPal balance and then I can only use the pay through PayPal with my own credit card (only benefit is that retailer doesn't see my credit card number).

Obviously, my PayPal settings are correct because it works the way I want at other retailers.
--
My questions,
Has anyone tried using PayPal at Digikey and found the same or different results?
Any similar experiences with PayPal at other retailers?

What browser? I know certain website functions were browser selective for at least a few months.

... oops , i thought it didnt work the other day, but its working now fine for me ... but notice that you need to click 2 more submit buttons after you get past the paypal authentication

Last edited:
... oops , i thought it didnt work the other day, but its working now fine for me ... but notice that you need to click 2 more submit buttons after you get past the paypal authentication
Yes, but were you able to pay from PayPal balance or did you need to link to your bank account/credit card?

ohh .. well my paypal is linked to my cc never heard of PPB!

When you sell something or someone transfers money to your account, the money stays in an account called PayPal Balance until you move it to your bank or spend it on something else.

The only PayPal issues I ran into, but it wasn't digikey.
1. Payment email must be the same as email w/ website. (Very rare)
2. A direct bank to bank PayPal payment to a United Arab Emigrates bank got denied. I had to use PayPal credit to pay. (Recent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back