Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lightmeter renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

torpro

I am needing assistance or advice on constructing a light meter for a rangefinder camera. There is an existing selenium meter and needle dial, but is not accurate and am wanting to replace with a modern light sensitive diode hooked up to the existing meter, is this possible? What components would I need etc. Thanks

Yes , i'd say it can be done but the meter would have to be re-calibrated. Light meters ive seen measure light in Lumens per square foot. So you would prolly have to re-calibrate your meter by comparaing it to another known working meter. Other than that you could do a search on how to measure Light.

Lightmeter parts

hanks for that, could you suggest the components I would need, ie, light sensitive diode, switch, current regulator, battery etc. I know absolutely nothing about electronics but would love to rejuvenate an old rangefinder cameras' lightmeter or even add one .

I doubt wether it would be of much help if i gave you a list of components
to build (or re-build) a light meter.

The question is how will you go about calibrating it ?

Also it seems odd to me that the meter uses a diode sensor, i'd think an old camera like that would use a photoresistor (Cadcell) as the sensing element. Well i dont know much about cameras so i cant say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back