Lightmeter renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

torpro

I am needing assistance or advice on constructing a light meter for a rangefinder camera. There is an existing selenium meter and needle dial, but is not accurate and am wanting to replace with a modern light sensitive diode hooked up to the existing meter, is this possible? What components would I need etc. Thanks

Yes , i'd say it can be done but the meter would have to be re-calibrated. Light meters ive seen measure light in Lumens per square foot. So you would prolly have to re-calibrate your meter by comparaing it to another known working meter. Other than that you could do a search on how to measure Light.

Lightmeter parts

hanks for that, could you suggest the components I would need, ie, light sensitive diode, switch, current regulator, battery etc. I know absolutely nothing about electronics but would love to rejuvenate an old rangefinder cameras' lightmeter or even add one .

I doubt wether it would be of much help if i gave you a list of components
to build (or re-build) a light meter.

The question is how will you go about calibrating it ?

Also it seems odd to me that the meter uses a diode sensor, i'd think an old camera like that would use a photoresistor (Cadcell) as the sensing element. Well i dont know much about cameras so i cant say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…