Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lighting different small LED lights using 220V AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnel

Sir,

I would like to ask for your help on how will I light up different color of small LED in my gundam collection?

Actually I have many gundams and would like to put a set of LEDs in every single one of them using 220V.
One solution I had is to light up a set of LEDs per gundam using a DC adaptor and just directly plug it to the socket so it is more safe.
Is it true that small LED cannot be connected in parallel circuit specially if different color because it can easily damage?
Unless I have to put each one of them resistor.

How can I also put in socket those DC adaptor if I have 15 of them?
Is it safe to make a very long outlet ?
I have only seen an extension and has a maximum of 8 sockets.

Also if I will light up the LEDs using DC adaptors, what is the best size of wire to use?
I need the smallest possible wire to fit it inside the body of the gundam kits :)

Thank you and hope you could help me in these matters

Hi,

LED's of different color usually have different voltages, so you would have to connect them in series and with a current limiting resistor. That is of course if they all take the same level of current like 20ma or something. If one takes more current like 100ma then you need to power that separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back