Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light controller board with PIC16F873

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFB

Hi,
I found speaking about a Light Controller but i didn't understand the utility of such a board. what i understood is that it allows to control the pulse duration of PWM (pulse width modulation).So my question is :Can this board be a power controller of a laser source?

thank you in advance.

Hi,
I found speaking about a Light Controller but i didn't understand the utility of such a board. what i understood is that it allows to control the pulse duration of PWM (pulse width modulation).So my question is :Can this board be a power controller of a laser source?

Can your laser be controlled by PWM?, all the circuit is doing is providing a pulsed supply voltage - and at a very low frequency, only 610Hz.

SFB, I thought the purpose of the board was crystal clear, what are you having difficulty understanding?

Why drive a laser diode directly, laser modules with built in drivers are cheap and common, typically they only need a current limiting diode to limit absolute current, the feedback circuit on the module handles the stability while running.

Sam's Laser FAQ - Diode Laser Power Supplies

What if he want to power a 80 watt laser ? 100VDC 15 Amp?
-----------------------------------------------------------
SFB What is the level of your electronics understanding ?
01-non
05-Installed your car stereo
10-BEE "bachelor of electrical engineering"
-----------------------------------------------------------

Csaba

csaba we can guess and what if till the cows come home and get absolutely no where if SFB doesn't clearly state what he's trying to do or what the confusion was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back