Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG tv led video problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

Hi all!!

Ok I just got this tv FREE from someone and he did told me of a video problem and even turned it on to show me and yes it does have a problem. He told me that it worked great the night before and next morning this problem. So can this be an easy fix or.... It's an LG 42LV5400-UB. So any thought or suggestions are welcomed!!

THANKS ALL!!

Serge

Attachments

• IMG_0814#2.jpg
    IMG_0814#2.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.51.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.51.03 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0815#1.jpg
    IMG_0815#1.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 162
I had a few "different" colour (greenish) lines down my telly. After about 5 years of these (I think 3 lines) I tripped one day and knocked it over. Been perfect ever since \o/. Guessing edge connectors on the display so probably not your problem.

Mike.

Hmm since it’s an lcd screen it reminds me of fixing lcd calculator screens that has poor ribbon connections and some numbers wouldn’t appear right so it looks like it’s kinda the same thing happening here, is it possible?

Hmm since it’s an lcd screen it reminds me of fixing lcd calculator screens that has poor ribbon connections and some numbers wouldn’t appear right so it looks like it’s kinda the same thing happening here, is it possible?

As a previous professional repairer of TV's, the LCD panel is a single component - and should be replaced as such.

However, there have been some 'bodgers' who wedge foreign objects inside the screen to try and correct poor connections - this can sometimes provide a 'cure', at least short term.

However, I don't think this fault is a 'poor contact' issue - 'possibly' it could be the T-Con board, assuming the panel uses a separate one? - this is part of the LCD panel, but 'sometimes' was available as a spare part (but an expensive one).

Is there a way to check the t-con board to make sure that it isn’t the problem? I’ve got tools here to do this but just need guidance on where to check or probe components. I haven’t opened the back panel yet but tomorrow I may have more time to do it. By doing this I could eliminate the t-con board if it’s ok. Hey I’m willing to try anything to save this tv (if I can).
Thanks!!!

Is there a way to check the t-con board to make sure that it isn’t the problem? I’ve got tools here to do this but just need guidance on where to check or probe components. I haven’t opened the back panel yet but tomorrow I may have more time to do it. By doing this I could eliminate the t-con board if it’s ok. Hey I’m willing to try anything to save this tv (if I can).
Thanks!!!

You take the T-Con board out of an identical good working set (with an identical screen in it), and try it in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back