Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LG 47" Mystery tv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech4kicks

I have an LG 47LC7DF HD tv for repair. The issue is that it turns on, but periodically powers off and then comes back on. The mysterious symptom is that you can tap around the edge or back of the body and it powers off also. I found 9 bad caps and a couple dried solder joints. The issue persists! I've inspected all I can with the exception of pulling the screen. I have never personally seen an issue like this, is it possible this could be caused by a faulty lcd panel? It powers off and then back on, it's not just the video going out.

I did what I call a white screen test. I hook it up to a computer and open up a blank notepad so that I can see any imperfections in the panel. When I did this, I noticed the picture has strange spots all over it as seen in the picture below. They appear beige in color.
Whie lcd panel flaws.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back