Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Less Voltage when Dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far as I know they're white. The Philips ones are called lumileds, never looked into them. Not sure about the Cree don't even know if they have a product yet.

You know a lot of people say fluorescent have poor light quality... But with a good ballast and high quality phosphor in the tubes it's way better than LED lighting. I think fluorescent get their bad image from crappy ballast designs and dirty cheap phosphor makers.

A local store had the cheap ballasts and crappy bulbs (decades old stuff)up to a few years ago. They did a full change out to modern solid state ballasts and those thin high brightness fluorescent tubes.
Wow! its like day light when you go in there now!:)
The gals I know that worked there complained though at first. They could see all the dust on the shelves now. :eek:
Much cleaning was involved after the re lamp. :D

I did a total re lamp of a friends surplus store about 4 years ago. I changed the whole store and ware house from a combination of mercury vapor and high pressure sodium over to newer style metal halides.
The store personnel gave me a hard time about that one. Much much dusting and cleaning was required after that too!:D
The store electric bill dropped by over $250 a month after that! :)

At my last job they installed a high pressure sodium lamp over our main inspection area despite my specific request against it. It has one of the lowest color rendering index of any light source (24), it's HORRIBLE for inspection. Mercury vapor is even worse at 17. If the tubes you replaced them with were the better fluorescent tubes that's up to 75, they must have had a real shock. BTW halogen and natural daylight are 100

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back