Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Les Paul died at 94

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hi there,

Les Paul died yesterday morning. He invented the first electric
guitar from his mothers old radio and telephone earpiece for the pickup.
Long time ago Gibson named the Les Paul after him.

I saw this on the news earlier. I didn't know of the man but can see he made a great contribution to modern music. It makes you wonder, who today will be recognized as a pioneer when they eventually make that final trip.

Mike.

I saw this on the news earlier. I didn't know of the man but can see he made a great contribution to modern music.

There was a UK TV series on last year about guitars and guitarists, Les Paul was one of the featured people - he was incredibly impressive still, despite his advanced age. They also showed some VERY old footage of an American TV show he used to do.

That's the only time I'd ever seen him at all, but like everyone I knew of the Gibson guitar that bore his name.

Pretty rare for such a man, to live such a long and full life. Never once saw anything negative about him the news. No drugs, or drunken indiscretions, just a normal successful life. Bet they don't give him as much media coverage as Michael Jackson...

Long time ago Gibson named the Les Paul after him.
Not quite- he took his design to Gibson, who turned him away. It wasn't until years later that they pick up on his design, of which he contracted with them to name it after him. I'm glad it worked out that way for Les' sake. It serves to somewhat immortalize him. As fabulous as the LP model guitar is, personally I don't like the sharp edges of the body. Sonically, it's a superb instrument. If it had the subtle, hugging curves of a Fender Strat, it would be the perfect ax IMHO! Les Paul and Leo Fender are guitar icons.

I too like the Fender strat design, I have one. My second fav guitar is my BC Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back