Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEDs for scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieg

Hi. I built a large 12" digit scoreboard 3 years ago and it has worked well. The only problem with it is the LEDs have a 60 degree veiwing angle. I would like to change these to 120 degree so they can be seen better. My problem is I can not find any to buy off the shelf. Can anyone help me locate what I want. The leds I used where 10mm red made by kingbright 577-768.
Thanks Eddie.

It seems to be the 10mm that is the problem. Most have the same lead spacing (2.5mm) so try looking for 120 degrees in another package size.

If you coat LEDs in a white crystalline substance they will be visible at a wider angle. Just try wetting one with saliva and dipping it in sugar to see how this works. Obviously sugar is not a long term solution but other white crystalline substances may be.

Mike.

A sanding drum on a dremel gives the same effect, if you have time, spose that'd still be quicket than unsoldering them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back