Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiber optic

Hi,
I have 1 Auldey 1:28 Sl65 Amg,And Im Currently trying To Modify It..One Of it is To Change Red Led For Reverse Mod to A white Colored Led.The Problem Now Is That The White Led Wont Light Up.I Dont Know What To Do,So Im Hoping That SOme One Here Can Help Me Solve This Problem

Here I Have Uploaded The Image

Attachments

• auldey-mercedes-benz-sl65-amg-1-28-rtr.png
    auldey-mercedes-benz-sl65-amg-1-28-rtr.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 110
  • url.jpeg
    url.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 123
  • White_LEDs.jpg
    White_LEDs.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 113
Different color (different dopant) LEDs have different forward voltage drops. A red one might be 1.8V, while a white one might be as high as 3.3V. You would have to measure the forward drop of the OEM LED in circuit with it lit, and then check the specs on your proposed replacement to see what the manufacturer specs it at. Subing a 3.3V LED for a 1.8V one might be a bridge too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back