Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led night light help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pape21

hi
i am now trying to make a new night light circuit and any help would be welcome.

that when pressed ON lights up a row of 10 leds ( amount doesnt matter as i can experiment making more or less leds once i have got the principle worked out)

i have been reading up on shift registers and binary counters because someone suggested they could work.

any ideas

Kiss

hi
i am now trying to make a new night light circuit and any help would be welcome.

that when pressed ON lights up a row of 10 leds ( amount doesnt matter as i can experiment making more or less leds once i have got the principle worked out)

i have been reading up on shift registers and binary counters because someone suggested they could work.

any ideas

If I understand correctly you want the LED's to turn on when you press the ON switch.
I am a firm believer in KISS (keep it simple stupid) and I don't know what shift registers would do in a common night light.

I built a night reading light out of 12V LED (ac/dc) array, an old lamp and a 12V wall transformer:
LED Bed Reading Lamp photo - Rolf photos at pbase.com
It draws only a little over 200mA.

So all you want is that when turned on, the leds light up ?

How about a switch wired in series with a string of leds ?

microcontroller based led night lamp!!

pape,
I would suggest a PIC based LED night lamp. No need of shift registers or complicated binary counter arrays. Everything built in :D

-Lost in the translation-

I think that what the original poster wants to do, is a light for a NIGHT club...just like the old light chasers.

Counters and shift registers may be used, but when I built one in the early 1980s a microprocessor was a better design choice.

With the improved and lower cost of today's microcontrollers, it would be an even better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back