Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED lamp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My LED lamp in the BATHROOM blink after turn on switch for a while. I buy this lamp almost 10 months ago, but it start blinking for a few days. I thaught blinking cause by poor switch but when I replace LED with a incandescent bulb, the bulb glow very well. I disassembly LED lamp but all components don't show any burn or pop.
The lamp blinking random, NOT like a strober.
I am to silly but I ever think the blinking SEEM BE SYNCHRONIZED BY AN UNKNOW OSCILLATOR because it the frequence of blink sometime high and sometimes slow but each of "high" or "low" very regular. May the Wifi transmitter affect ICs in power supply circuit of the LED lamp?

Common failure mode of high-power LEDs that have been damaged by self-over-heating caused by inadequate heat-sinking...

but when it glow, I measure the IC and transistors not over 38°C, heatsink not over 43°C, LEDs are low power only 3W total not high power because it used in my small bathroom

A 3W LED (or 3ea 1W LEDs) are high-power LEDs that must be mounted on a proper heat sink. What matters is the temperature of the LED pellet, itself.

If yours is flashing, the manufacturer screwed up, and didn't provide adequate heat sinking to the backside of the LED pellet.

I'll take a guess that the original LED lamp is a cheap import made in China...

As it's flashing it's more likely to be a high-ESR electrolytic than the LED's.
That is what I found on one that I just had fail. It was a high ESR main smoothing capacitor.

On mine it's possible to get the lamp to work by connecting it via a rectifier and putting a smoothing capacitor in parallel. For a 230 V, 3W LED lamp the capacitor should be at least 400 V and 10 μF .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back