Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED flashlight - based on PIC 16f54

Status
Not open for further replies.

nike6

Banned
they are popular circuits.

in the past I have tried to build them with less and less parts, and also for lower prices.

here a 16F54 flashlight.
I've used a 5MHz resonator as clock source.
the LEDs are wired 1:1, without any resistors.

power supply is via DC/DC converter (the tiny hookup PCB),
one single AA battery. it lasts about a week.

now I have already mounted it on a CD-ROM tray, in order to make a persistence effect display!
i tried 3.3 volts for the motor.
it is too slow.

the battery is also rotating!

the schematic is very trivial, just connect LEDs to the port pins.

if interested I can draw it, and also make available the source code.

I know it is a trivial circuit, but maybe it is useful for someone.

YouTube - PIC 16f54 flashlight - powered by 1.2 volts

I see various people from the MC forum already have arrived here.
I suggest that they come up with projects on their own, and stop following me. If interested, I can comment their work on youtube.

communication can be easy,
if you correctly assign your action according to these principles.

sender --> receiver
acknowledgement --> response
subject --> understanding

all communications must be verified for these topics.

Attachments

• PICT1852.JPG
    PICT1852.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 689
  • PICT1855.JPG
    PICT1855.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 456
I see various people from the MC forum already have arrived here.
I suggest that they come up with projects on their own, and stop following me.

You have only just joined this forum.

There are quite a few longstanding Electrotech members also on the Microchip forum.

Your writing style looks familiar....are you Hybridpic/Nikemoto on the Microchip forum? :rolleyes:

Currently I do not have support questions how to get started with PICs.

Boncuk, thanks for your time and efforts.

Last edited:
Hi,

both of you, Mickster and nike6.

Please do me a favour and cool down.

Hot electronics aren't good for anything, except putting a place on fire. :D

To ask in Irish manner: "Got me?" in English: "Did you get me?"

Sincerlely

Yours

Boncuk

Last edited:
No increase in temperature here Hans :confused: , I simply made an observation, added a statement highlighting the fact that there are some Electrotech members on the Microchip forum, pointed out that the OP had only recently joined Electrotech (so the statement "stop following me" is confusing - who is following who?) and asked the question whether the OP was Hybridpic/Nikemoto from the Microchip forum.....not necessarily in that order. ;)

At first I thought, "WTF? A flashlight based on a MC? Could there not possibly be a more overly-extravagant scheme for making a simple appliance???" Then I looked at the video. I guess "flashlight" means something totally different in Ireland. :D

Last edited:
At first I thought, "WTF? A flashlight based on a MC? Could there not possibly be a more overly-extravagant scheme for making a simple appliance???" Then I looked at the video. I guess "flashlight" means something totally different in Ireland. :D

From the way he posts I presume he isn't Irish?, what Americans call a 'flashlight' we call a 'torch' over here. However, a simple LED sequencer wouldn't ever be called a 'flashlight' over here, and I too was baffled why anyone would use a uC for such a trivial task.

nike6 aka nikemoto2511, hybridpic on the Microchip forums has been surprisingly coherent in his posts here.
It's entertaining reading and many threads got pretty weird.
This thread is strange as it appears the OP can't get enough free samples to run their company.
Microchip Technology User Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back