Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led dusk to dawn repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohntr

I was wondering if someone could tell me basically how this circuit works. I dont see a bridge rectifier. It's a 94 v pcb it says, 110v in. The light was very dim and finally wouldn't light at all. 140 or so little square leds. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20191214_185455-02.jpeg
    20191214_185455-02.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 174
I'm studying this board, can anyone tell me what the black cylindrical components are. Labeled L1 and L1

Attachments

• 20191214_210909-01.jpeg
    20191214_210909-01.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 165
They are inductors.

JimB

I was wondering if someone could tell me basically how this circuit works. I dont see a bridge rectifier. It's a 94 v pcb it says, 110v in. The light was very dim and finally wouldn't light at all. 140 or so little square leds. Thank you.

Many of the components are on the other side of the board, and probably the rectifier is. So post a picture of the other side.

I think the board is a switch mode constant current power supply for the LEDs. I think the bridge rectifier is the square component with 4 pins on the etch side of the board. (About the bottom middle of the picture in post #6) I think the mains comes in to the top part of the board that is cut off in the picture in post #1. It then passes through a common mode filter (The thing on the component side that looks like a transformer with the windings visible. ) on route to the bridge rectifier input. If you trace out the schematic of the board we would have a better idea of how it works.

Les.

Thank you! I bought it new 2 years ago, I can't find the papers on it. Thought the rectifier would be bigger. There is a LDR on top of the light.

I think the board is a switch mode constant current power supply for the LEDs. I think the bridge rectifier is the square component with 4 pins on the etch side of the board. (About the bottom middle of the picture in post #6) I
Less when you say trace out the schematic of the board, what exactly do you mean? Thank you

I mean draw a circuit diagram (Alternative words for "schematic") by following the connections between components on the board. Your board looks to be a single (Or possibly a 2 layer board.) so you can see all the copper tracks between the components. sometimes it can help to do continuity tests to confirm connections to closely spaced through hole components. If there are more than 2 layers it is much more difficult to trace the connections as you can't see the tracks of the layers within the board.

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back