Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED drawing box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoid

Think LED display, change the microcontroller to buttons on the opposite side of the case = My idea I've thrown around for a while. You press a button on the bottom, and a LED lights up at the top, so you can press buttons in the shape of a smiley face and the LED's light up like a smiley face.

I want it to be square, besides for the sides. Like about 6 inches diagonally? Depends on how many LED's, which I haven't even figured out. I think I'll make the case out of cardboard. Maybe I'll get it 3D printed when I have it working.

Power and connecting it to all of the LED's are my biggest problem. An AC adapter would probably be the best, but it would be weird having to plug it in. Maybe a few 9 volt batteries? The LED's will be diffused, they probably won't need to be at full brightness. Would it be possible to have enough LED's and small enough power to not need resistors?

I'm going to draw the circuit with Conductive Paint.

You need limit resistors for leds, to get the most from the batteries.
An 820 ohm resistor is about right for a 9v battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back