Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkarthick

Hi can anyone help me with LED dimming , actually i am using AC dimmers which sends out variable AC voltages from 40 to 220 VAC but i am having a LED light fixture which works in 24 VDC i have tried few things by connecting the primary end of a 24 VDC adapter to the dimmer switch and connected the output to my LED light but it is not dimming properly it used to flicker at the 10 and 20 % of dimming, Can anyone help me to fix this issue??

Light dimmers for AC lights normally use a wave chopper for the dimmer, as your Led light is a DC light you need to look into PWM to do the dimming.

If you look on Ebay there is many PWM units listed, it should not matter if the PWM unit is made for a motor speed control or a light dimmer as long as it can handle the amps and volts required for your light being used.

Or you could make your own but would think you will buy one for as cheap as you could build one.

Pete.

Hi can anyone help me with LED dimming , actually i am using AC dimmers which sends out variable AC voltages from 40 to 220 VAC but i am having a LED light fixture which works in 24 VDC i have tried few things by connecting the primary end of a 24 VDC adapter to the dimmer switch and connected the output to my LED light but it is not dimming properly it used to flicker at the 10 and 20 % of dimming, Can anyone help me to fix this issue??

You need a circuit that works on DC voltage. You can use a variable duty cycle circuit. Try googling "555" duty cycle" or "555 led dimmer" or just "led dimmer" or use this site's search facility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back