Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning op-amp and IC555

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I'm learning opamp in my college course before, and I want to apply it to reinforce my knowledge. And also starting to pick up IC555 as well.

Is it possible if I can make a whole microphone + speaker (to amplify my voice) with the 741 opamp, with the mic directly into the input and the speaker to the output? From what I've seen through the net, they are really complex with the transistors. :confused:

Also, is it feasible to make an LED flasher out of op-amp by using a battery? :rolleyes:

littletransistor said:
Thanks for the 555 tutorials.

Btw, I've searched through the Net for the op-amp multivibrator project - but they don't have any of those. Is that astable multivibrator (differentiator configuration) can be connected to 9V battery like IC555 as well? ;)

Look here for op amp data: Application Note #31 has many examples,,,enjoy:)

**broken link removed**

Post a circuit of what you have done so far.

An opamp doesn't have enough output current to drive a speaker.
A power amp IC is used to drive a speaker.
A preamp (made with transistors or with an opamp) is used to amplify the lery low signal from a microphone.
Then the microphone drives the preamp which drives the power amp which drives the speaker to make acoustical feedback howling.

An LM386 little power amp can have a capacitor added which boosts its gain to 200 and then a microphone can drive it and it can drive a speaker.

The 555 oscillator can make the speaker beep if you want.

Also, use something useful like the TL071 rather than the 741.

Better yet an NE5532/5534. TL07x chips are usually fine but their common mode operation range doesn't extend all the way to their rails. This can cause latch up or other problems with the op amp in some rare instances. The AD712 is another one that does this too IIRC.

The 5532/5534 is cheap, low noise, and arguably still one of the best audio op-amps out there. If you don't care about DC accuracy (which they really suck at :)) they are a great option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back