Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learning C for PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

So my analogue electronics is very strong but my knowledge of micros is really holding me back at the minute.

I've been wanting to use micros for at least a year now but I have found nothing useful to help me learn the C language. I want to use C and PICs because I plan to use it in work late in life so I would rather use a commercial compatible solution to start off with.

I know no assembler or C, I played about with an arduino for half an hour at a friends but that's it!

Any videos/websites would be helpful!

Thanks
Boscoe

Check out the tutoral's in my signature

Nigel has made ASM tutorials with hardware examples..

I have converted the tutorials to C for those who wish to learn..
I have also done an MPLAB IDE tutorial for the same chip... https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/eb08.582/

I want to use C and PICs because I plan to use it in work late in life so I would rather use a commercial compatible solution to start off with.

Hi,
I stick to PICs only for convenience. But if you plan to use it for work, I know a lot of guys who'd diss PICs. I don't really know why, but then my usage has only been for research. :D

Hi,
I stick to PICs only for convenience. But if you plan to use it for work, I know a lot of guys who'd diss PICs. I don't really know why, but then my usage has only been for research. :D

AVR is very popular in universities and other academic "institutes". PICs have a long history and strong place in industry. AVRs are coming strong to industry also because of Atmels business strategy to market and provide good support for academic and hobby work. I think lot of small starter companies use Atmel products, but larger "more serious" companies use PICs. Then there is Motorola..

AVR is very popular in universities and other academic "institutes". PICs have a long history and strong place in industry. AVRs are coming strong to industry also because of Atmels business strategy to market and provide good support for academic and hobby work. I think lot of small starter companies use Atmel products, but larger "more serious" companies use PICs. Then there is Motorola..

I rarely find any companies using PIC in their products, but I pried open a few gadgets and I found that it was used by ADT. What other companies use 'em anyway? :)

I rarely find any companies using PIC in their products, but I pried open a few gadgets and I found that it was used by ADT. What other companies use 'em anyway? :)

I use them.... And several of my competitors use them.... The PCB assembly house that makes my boards report that the PIC is dominant, This may only be here up north...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back