Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD's, yes they work, but how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stressed_Eric

Hiya all,

Just when you think you know it all something comes around and gets you scratching your head!

I have a problematic LCD display, it's from an old pac-man game that I wanted to fix up for my kid - only thing is, in the early days before I knew it all :roll: , I decided to seperate the two sections of glass to remove some moisture that had found it's way in somehow. That done, when I put the sections back together I see they are somehow polarised opposite and the display is black! Is there a coating on these plates that can degrade with moisture/exposure (been in a sandwich bag for some years now ....) - and is it possible to re-attach them with conductive adhesive?

Another problem with LCDs - I have a fancy multimeter with a serious display - scope included, and right in the middle (just where I least want it) is a dark patch which looks horribly like polarisation (even when off). Is it possible to fix? I don't even know if I can find a replacement if it is unrepairable!

Thanx,

X

LCD-s have polar filters on both side.When You mounted it with different position, give negative picture.
I'm afraid in the second case the LCD damaged: dark patch without driving - mean the glass case no more hermetic, and this patch always bigger and bigger....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back