Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have a LCD which has dead pixel's. The LCD when I removed it from the board there is a silicon strip which touches the contacts on the board on the back.
I wish to replace this LCD . Can you advise me how to know what LCD to replace it with.
I do not have a Circuit for this electronic equipment.
I have had no experience with replacement of LCD What do I have to know to be able to order one.

You have to get the exact same device from the manufacturer of the equipment - you are unlikely to find one otherwise. You are also unlikely to get just the glass, but the whole unit instead.

Would this be in a microwave oven?, failure rates are absolutely massive of the cheap Chinese displays.

Try cleaning the zebra strip (silicone strip) and PCB contacts with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab. Leave no residue. Don't touch the glass of the LCD where the strip makes contact as the very thin gold contacts (which you can barely see if you hold it up to the light just right) are very delicate. You could gently clean the LCD contacts with a swab soaked in alcohol, but you have to be very careful, so it it best to try this first: Reassemble the unit and power it up. If the display still has missing pixels, squeeze the LCD to the PCB gently to see if that fixes it. If so, you'll need to retension the LCD holder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back