Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVANHVG

Hi
I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the backlight in an LCD
I have a 16x2 standard LCD, with a green Backlight , but this one is always on and eventually I would like to turn it off.

Where i bought the LCD they gave me a piece of paper that says the backlight type is both LED/EL Backlight and that the LED input is 5 volts and the EL is AC90-100V (400-700Hz).

Well i would like to know if anyone knows how to turn it off if there is a way, or where could i find information about this.

If it helps the reference of the LCD is:
SSC2B16DLYY
2K03-26
(but works just as a standard LCD)
Thank you.

may anyone send me a datasheet for lcd 16x1 or provide me with a link.
Its my first time to deal with lcd's I wanna know their pin configuration and the form of their pins.

Thanks in advance.

Hi
I actually tried that before and it doesen´t work. It seems that pins 15 and 16 are connected to Vss and Vdd or pins 1 and 2. Even if I leave pins 16 and 15 unconnected the backlight will stay on, because it seems to draw it´s power from pins 1 and 2 (+/-). And if I put the switch at pins 1 or 2 the whole LCD will turn off.
This might be a weird LCD but I really don´t know how to turn it off.
Thanks

this probably means that you have to disable it by cutting traces on the lcd. Your gonna have to investigate which to cut and place a switch in between.

Thanks pike and micro. The matter was solved by desodering some jumpers at the back of the LCD. I contacted the manufacturer in Taiwan and they told me what to do.

Sheriff with respect to what you were asking if you are new to LCD´s I recomend the folowing link; it is a java aplication tha simulates an LCD. you have to click the control lines as well as the data lines in order to make it work. It is useful because it shows you if you are operating the LCD in the right way.

http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin/djlcdsim/djlcdsim.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back