Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

japl

hi

for example i have a "HELLO" word diplayed on an lcd with a pic16f84 and i want to put a blinking cursor on the letter "H" how do i do it. i have read most of the lcd faq and guides but can seem to find anything that expalins how to do it

thanx much

First, you have to enable the blinking cursor by writing 0Fh to the IR register. Then move the cursor by writing to the DD RAM address. The DD RAM address counter is accessed by writing 80h+cursor_pos to the IR register.

As you know, you set "parameters" according to what you want to instruct the LCD to do. You can send the LCD either Commands or Characteres. You do that by switching RS. RS of 0 will allow you to send comands, so what ever is on your data pins will be interpreted as commands. Then look at this table enabling or disabling the bits on the D7-D0 will allow you certain things:

For more information go to

Hope it helps you

Ivancho

Attachments

• commands.gif
    commands.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 573
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back