Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav_06

can i know whats the differences between a 4 bit LCD and a 8 bit LCD?
4 bit LCD - for PIC16F84?
8 bit LCD - for PIC16F877?

is it possible to use PIC16F877 to interface a 4 bit LCD??

i bought an LCD of model PHILIPS HD44780. is the spec list the same as any model of HD44780?

can u recommend me some websites that has sample assembly code for LCD displays?? is there any in this website??

Kav_06 said:
can i know whats the differences between a 4 bit LCD and a 8 bit LCD?
4 bit LCD - for PIC16F84?
8 bit LCD - for PIC16F877?

is it possible to use PIC16F877 to interface a 4 bit LCD??

i bought an LCD of model PHILIPS HD44780. is the spec list the same as any model of HD44780?

can u recommend me some websites that has sample assembly code for LCD displays?? is there any in this website??

They are exactly the same, you can access the LCD in either 4 or 8 bit mode, 8 bit is slightly faster, but 4 bit saves you I/O pins.

HD44780 is an Hitachi number, and is the industry standard for text LCD modules.

For suitable PIC code check my PIC tutorials which give reliable proven code using 4 bit mode and either software or hardware timing. There seems very little reason to use 8 bit mode, except it makes the code slightly simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back