Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

Hello
I have a question to ask.
I friend's phone droped and the display started showing only half that is only half the screen was working. what could have gone wrong cos' non of the pins were damaged but i didn't look closely at the flex that connected the LCD to the panel. can it be fixed?

drop it again :D
if it doesn't help it might screw the other half.
then he can justify purchase of a new phone....

just kidding, you will have to take close look if the
connections are intact. one i broke had too tiny
connections anyway so i just smacked it again
to see how big dent in the pavement it can make.

Thanks alot but i doubt if the owner of the phone will let me drop it. Could the screen have been damaged? though it shows no physical signs of that or is the connectors to blame for it?

ulot said:
Thanks alot but i doubt if the owner of the phone will let me drop it. Could the screen have been damaged? though it shows no physical signs of that or is the connectors to blame for it?

The screen could have been damaged, you wouldn't always be able to see anything though. But the connectors are often very poor, so it could be down to that - but usually that's part of the display anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back