Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd instead of oscilliscope(CRO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

girgis adly

Dear all I want to use (lcd screen) in my project to use it as CRO (oscilloscope) to show the output waveform of the voltage across the load

What is the type and the dimension of( lcd screen) I can use it to show me the output waveform in any scale and how can I connect it across the load
and what is the code to do that i use micro c in programming

please reply
Thanks and regards

the problem is it seems like you want someone to do all the work for you.

What is the type and the dimension of( lcd screen) I can use it to show me the output waveform in any scale and how can I connect it across the load
and what is the code to do that i use micro c in programming

You have to decide the LCD you want to use.
You have to figure out how to connect it (we can help tho)
You have to write the code for it (we can help also)

But we will not do it all for you.

i didn't use ay graphical lcd before so i ca't decide waht is the dimenion suiable for this lcd and i didn't know the basic commands to try to write a code for it

it certainly is doable with a mcu. you can use an adc to digitize the signal (either onboard adc or external ones), and then display it. most 20mhz scope can get down to 0.1us/div, or 10mhz/div. assuming 10 points per div, that means you need to sample at 100mhz. the fastest onboard adc I have seen can do 1mhz. That means they can do 10us/div + 10 points / div. good enough for audio work.

bit depth isn't a big issue: around 300 points (> 8bit depth) would be sufficient.

It's just a toy really but it does have it's uses on low speed waveforms and being portable helps too. If I were going to buy a scope I'd prefer an old analogue 10MHz scope which can probably be found on ebay for the same price.

I went to a radio rally last Sunday, there was a stall selling good working double-beam scopes for between £20-£30 - all connected up and displaying the output from signal generators.

for the scope view the OLED displays are "best" IMHO.

good:
- fast (many times faster then normal lcd's)
- low pin count (most of them have spi interface)
- low power usage
- much better picture then ordinary lcd (brighter, sharper ...)

bad:
- gentle (easy breakable, not easy to mount etc)
- not that well documented (not widely used by hobbyists so not that much demo code around)
- small size

It's only 128x128 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back