Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Inquiry and Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrb011270

Hi,

I got a 16x2 LCD Display with part number PVC160203PTL from PICVUE Electronics (**broken link removed**).

My concern really is that I can't make any character to display on LCD? I follow the connection provided in the LCD.C driver from PICC Compiler where it use PortD.

My PIC18F452 is working since I made a simple routine that will blink and LED.

Anybody in the community who have use this LCD module? I guess I miss something here... the connection provided in the LCD.C utilizes the 4-bit data scheme.

BTW, anyone has a datasheet on this... I visit the site and I can't find any.

Any code drivers for this LCD module will help.

Thank u.

rrb011270 said:
Hi,

I got a 16x2 LCD Display with part number PVC160203PTL from PICVUE Electronics (**broken link removed**).

My concern really is that I can't make any character to display on LCD? I follow the connection provided in the LCD.C driver from PICC Compiler where it use PortD.

My PIC18F452 is working since I made a simple routine that will blink and LED.

Anybody in the community who have use this LCD module? I guess I miss something here... the connection provided in the LCD.C utilizes the 4-bit data scheme.

BTW, anyone has a datasheet on this... I visit the site and I can't find any.

Any code drivers for this LCD module will help.

Thank u.

Almost all LCD text modules use the Hitachi chip set (or a clone), what are the connections like on your module?. Your C compiler LCD code will require a specific connection to the module, are you sure you have that correct?.

I got the LCD working already... I forgot to initialize first the module... that's why it didn't display any character.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back