Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Games! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I need some help on LCD games. I want to use a micro controller with allot of memory so I can "Download" games from my computer to it. I want to make a handheld multi-game system that I can write up the codes for, and download them to the system though my parallel port. But very basic games. Games that graphically, are not good at all, but are addictive like those Atari games. I should be able to fit a decent number of games on a good micro controller right? But what micro controller should I use? The only programming experience I have is "RPGCode" used with a free "but awesome" RPG Creator called "RPG Toolkit". So where should I start off on that? Sure I can make the design of the case and I can position of buttons and connectors, but I just don't know what to do about the programming or really anything else. But I do know that I would like to use this graphic LCD. Can someone point me in the right or semi-right direction? Thanks.

Rain

PS. Please, PLEASE Do NOT hesitate to ask me ANYTHING about this project. Again, thank you.

What is the purpose of this project?

a) Are you interested in the process of creation of such device (learning during the process, connecting the LCD to a PIC and programming it to display output on the LCD etc) ?

b) Is your interest into after you have assembled and programmed the device, to actually create games and play them?

If a) then perhaps setting some less demanding goal first would be more appropriate to begin with (I call that "proof of concept") ie. be able to display some graphics on the LCD from a PIC and such the go further.

If b) then dont bother creating your own unit, just get an existing one on the market and dig into the SDK for it. Here's the one I recently found and it looks like a pretty cool device (mind ya the price is not as cool): http://www.tapwave.com/product/index.asp

Just my 2c

A and B. I'll love both! :D I would like to make it myself, but I'd like to play my games because (I'm hoping) they'll be quite fun. :wink: But anyway, can you help me in any way with the making of it? Thanks.

Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back