Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimD

I have a project that I would like to add a LCD display too.

It is an auto antenna selector that use data from radio to select which transistor to short to ground to activate a relay.It has 9 2n4401 trans for this.

It is set up to use 2 different types of radios.What I would like to know is if there is a way to send signal to LCD display that can use radio 1 as on line 1 of display which antenna is in use,,and line 2 of lcd to use information for 2nd radio.

Radio 1 uses the 4028b decoder for its circuit
Radio 2 uses 4 Lm339 comparators for its circuit.
Both band decoders are on there separate pcb and the only thing they share in common is the 9 2n4401 going out to the relay control box.

What I would like to do if it can be done is let 1 radio use Line 1 of LCD other radio Line 2.Right now when I switch radios I have to pull the unit out and unplug 1 and then plug the other one up in its socket.If I have to add a second LCD i guess that what I will do,,but trying all other sources before I do that.

Tim

Hi,

To use a lcd you need an small microprocessor to send the messages to it - see Nigel tutorials for an idea of whats needed.

Yes I am using either the pic16f628 or the 16f877a and using the 2x20 hd44780 lcd display.I am new to electronics and mcu's.I also have a 74LS151N mux to go to the inputs of the mcu.Is there a way to do what I am wanting on a single lcd display or will I need 2.

Yes you can do that on one LCD.

The LCD controller has internal memory addressed from 0 - 80. For line one you write to addresses 0 - 20. For line two write to addresses 40 - 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back