Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD as used in current tamagotchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuper

Hey all -

I was at a childs birthday party today and I noticed he had a tamagotchi. I thought they were out of style but apparently they are still available although far upgraded now.

From what I could tell they used an IR transmitter to talk to another tamagotchi toy. I thought that was cool but what really was neat was the tiny LCD screen. It had a resolution of perhaps 32x32 - 64x64 pixels. It was not back lit nor particularly bright. It looked like the same type of LCD you would find on an old digital watch except it was comprised of tiny pixels.

I've searched around tonight looking for something similar and I cannot find it, I guess i don't know what I'm looking for really. I have found some LCDs intended to replace nokia phones and the like but those are color and far more sophisticated than what is in a 12 dollar toy.

Any pointers?

Fuper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back