Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD 2x16 Demo for the Unicorn (18F4550)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank you Bill for the Unicorn - it really helps me with my design of the frequency counter with LCD display. I have now finally a first skeleton of the software for the PIC that can actually work, I just need to run a fest tests ...

Petr

hey Petr did you ever finish your frequency counter with LCD display, i woud like to see your code. I'm working on one that needs to work from 5 - 30 hertz.

The Unicorn is a kit I sell, but if you want to hand wire one from scratch the full schematic can be found in the assembly manual located on my site.

2x16 Demo for the Unicorn (18F4550)

Bill,
I have finally got to where I am tying to connect a 2x16LCD to my Unicorn (via Inchworm+). I have used the asm file that you started this thread with and programmed the Unicorn with it. When I run the Unicorn I get the backlight to turn on and the display shows boxes in the top row. Thats it. It doesn't display blueroom electronics or the logo. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I do have the jumper installed bye the way.

Using...
MPLAB 8.10, Inchworm+, Unicorn, 16x2 LCD (HD44780)

Yes you need the jumper for a 16x2 LCD, it's off for a GLCD 128x64. You'll also need to adjust contrast with the pot.
Some LCD timing may be a bit different, I don't have time tonight but I'll see if I can show you how to slow it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back