Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Layout Question -- need good reference material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brocktune

Anybody know of a real good online source for PCB layout design tips and hints, etc?

I'm still a little new to the game of PCB Layout, so I'm looking for something I can read that tells you the general guidelines for keeping things quiet on a PCB, best way to deal with ground planes etc.

zachtheterrible said:
Here's a tutorial that someone put on this forum. There's a website on the forum that leads to the tutorial. Also read the whole forum cuz there were some people that made suggestions. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/are-there-any-good-webshops-for-electronics.8988/
Thanks...but I get my boards produced at a board house after I lay them out on computer. If you can spend a few bucks, you can get production quality 4-layer boards produced. If you're ever interested in getting real PCB's made try this site: www.expresspcb.com

I have a project coming up that requires the quietest possible layout. By quiet I mean electrically quiet: nice big ground plane, shortest traces possible, etc. I was wondering if someone had design tips to achieve those sorts of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back