Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Launching a new product - need your help/advice/feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea, but how do you intend to get flexability? There is a massive range of opamps, from the most heinous 741, to some really impressive offerings from AD and TI with multi GHz gain bandwidth products. Then you have the "crazy" current feedback types, which have incredible slew rates.

I can see something based around high GBP opamps getting expensive quickly. Also, TI do a great range of throw away opamp evaluation PCB's for next to nothing (£5). You can solder the parts on to make pretty much anything, and the performance is first class as the board is designed by analogue gurus. I use these boards all the time with GHz bandwidth opamps. I guess what I am trying to say is I love the idea, but you have stiff ultra high spec and low cost competition!

Also, any audio design that is unstable on a breadboard, but fine on a PCB, I would class as an borderline stable design!

A TL07x is a common inexpensive audio opamp. It oscillates at a high frequency when its output is driving tens of pF of a shielded output cable unless a 100 ohm series resistor is connected between the output and the cable. The capacitance of a breadboard makes it worse.
Many opamps are like that.

hmm... I guess that despite the fact that it may be useful, i think it is not the right time (in the history of electronics) for that project :)
Here is the dilemma:
To make it useful enough (by covering broad applications) it will not be cheap enough.
To make it cheap enough, it will not be useful enough!

:)

That's my conclusion, thank you all for your time, comments and feedback.

hmm... I guess that despite the fact that it may be useful, i think it is not the right time (in the history of electronics) for that project :)
Here is the dilemma:
To make it useful enough (by covering broad applications) it will not be cheap enough.
To make it cheap enough, it will not be useful enough!

:)

That's my conclusion, thank you all for your time, comments and feedback.

Thanks ikalogic

I have learn't a lot from this thread :)

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back