Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latest project, 12au7 and tda7294 hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many times you will need to replace the vacuum tube.
Why use an old vacuum tube when a modern audio opamp sounds perfect and probably will never need to be replaced?
Oh, you want the even harmonic distortion produced by the vacuum tube?
For an electric geetar?

I like the sound of the valve, it adds warmth and detail to the sound.
Yes it distorts but good distortion.

Front end valve circuits like that are very light on the valve. Valve will probably last 10 years +
I use it for guitar and playing music through.
Sounds good either way.

Last edited:
Does the triode operate independently or is it included in a feedback loop with the tda o/p chip?

A while back I wondered how good it would sound to have a tube front end and a monolithic amp power driver, and have the tube clip before the power amp, putting attenuator between the tube and the power amps would probably do a similar thing.
I was thinking something more for guitarists, for music you want low distortion.
Are you running the heater from one of the amp rails?

Excellent.
My idea was going to use a nuvistor, back in the 90's they were around, an 12ax7 is easier to get now, or should I say ECC83

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back