Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

latching solution to 4017 sequencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

johneli

hi,
how can i achieve a latching process with a 4017 decade counter,that is to say as the counter out puts one,it will keep it on.the preceeding out put follows thus till it gets to the last count.
thanks
mba
mbaelith@yahoo.com

You need to rephrase your question. I don't understand it, and I doubt that anyone else does. Also, if you would capitalize the first word of a sentence and put a space after periods (as you were taught in English class), it would make your writing easier to read.

I believe he wants the preceding outputs to remain On as the counter is clocked and counting upwards.

I pondered this recently myself before deciding to use a simple AVR instead.

Use a set-reset on every output

It can be made simply by connecting 2 nor gates together. Give it a signal once at the SET input and the output will remain on until a RESET is given
4017 is a cmos, so using a cmos nor gate like the 4001 is preferred.

Attachments

• S-R.JPG
    S-R.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 622
Good idea. You need cross-coupled NOR (instead of NAND) gates, since 4017 outputs pulse high.
You might also look at CD4014 or CD4021, which are 8 stage shift registers. Parallel load can clear it, then you simply shift in a logic "1" on the serial input to fill it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back