Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Last seen" date not updating on all members?

rjenkinsgb

Most Helpful Member
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a site bug or strange browser cache problem (using latest Chrome) - though it is happening on new threads posted today, which cannot be cached from the dates shown.

Hovering over the posters name pops up some info including the last time they were logged in. For the majority of members, I'm seeing that as eg. mid October, or the same time & date they joined??

For some users, very few, it shows as today on threads they have posted in today - but other people, also long-term members that have posted in the same new or recent threads today, it shows them as not active for weeks!

The last seen time is a useful feature to see if a thread started is visiting to check for replies, or if the thread is abandoned.

Edit - screenshot added, example from a new thread started today:

ETO_Oddity.png

That is strange. Checked my P.C. clock and it's correct. That date could be the last time I logged in on Windows - I'm now on Linux. I use both Chrome and Brave. This is posted from Chrome on Linux Mint Cinnamon.

Mike.

October 12th is a Thursday. I checked as I'm in school on Tuesday so it might have been related as I login via Win10 at school - obviously, not related. I'm also pretty certain that I last logged into Windows about 6 months ago so nothing to do with that either.

Looks like it's updating again (at least for me),
1699576476597.png

Mike.

I haven't received email notices for a while....until today when 30 popped up in a short period.

October 12th is a Thursday. I checked as I'm in school on Tuesday so it might have been related as I login via Win10 at school - obviously, not related. I'm also pretty certain that I last logged into Windows about 6 months ago so nothing to do with that either.
Funnily enough, the other week I fired my laptop up at home, it was shortly after the clocks changed, I only use the laptop occasionally.

When I tried to access a website it wouldn't work, and came up with some silly message about 'future dates'.

I was confused for a while, then thought to check the clock - the time was wrong, but not by an hour, it was completely wrong. But the date said Thursday 31st October 2023 - and 31st October wasn't a Thursday :D

So I was unable to alter it from within Windows, so I thought 'perhaps the bios battery has died', so rebooted and tried to enter bios setup, needless to say I missed it - but when Windows finished loading the clock was correct, and every thing was working fine.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back