Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Last British TV maker to close factory :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chosing Poland for TV-production seems very short-sighted from my point of view.

Poland is now member of the common European market and wants maximum benefit of it. Unnecessary to say that Poland thinks it is the most important member. (At least concerning payments from the EU-market into Poland.)

And as you probably know Poland is the real winner of WWII, and it is commonly known that the winner takes all. :D

Sooner or later manpower in Poland will rise to extraorbitant prices compared to other countries, thanks to the arrogance of their political leaders.

It is also said that Poland's citizens are the only people on earth who are able to steal shoes from somebody running. :mad:

BTW, there was no more "Audi" brand car in Berlin and in the vicinity of the town for a period of almost five years. All cars had been converted to a huge spare part deposit.

The phenomenon seized when the main business actors had been trapped and sentenced to jail.

Boncuk

I remember when I had one of those british TV's as a kid!
Still got a picture of it to!
The channel changer never worked and the screen color and definiton was horrible too!:D :rolleyes:

**broken link removed**

Shame as I've always liked Toshiba stuff...

Bush, Murphy, Sobell, Cossor, Baird, Decca, Ecko, Ferranti, Pye, Ultra
all long dead British TV manufacturing companies.

Toshiba however sounds slightly err... Japanese?

JimB

I remember when I had one of those british TV's as a kid!
Still got a picture of it to!
The channel changer never worked and the screen color and definiton was horrible too!:D :rolleyes:

**broken link removed**

Yes, thats it!
Still showing the same old crappy American programmes.:D:D

JimB

Bush, Murphy, Sobell, Cossor, Baird, Decca, Ecko, Ferranti, Pye, Ultra
all long dead British TV manufacturing companies.

Toshiba however sounds slightly err... Japanese?

Yep! :D

Toshiba were also supposed to have deliberately bankrupted Bush/Murphy, 20+ years ago - they opened a joint factory, and Toshibe pulled out leaving Bush/Murphy to go bust, then bought the factory up cheap.

However, I don't believe Toshiba have 'manufacturered' TV's there for a LONG time, merely assembled them, as a ploy to avoid EU import taxes.

It's also a misleading title, as (I think) Sony still have a plant in Wales, and Panasonic have a plant in Scotland.

Chosing Poland for TV-production seems very short-sighted from my point of view.

Poland is now member of the common European market and wants maximum benefit of it. Unnecessary to say that Poland thinks it is the most important member. (At least concerning payments from the EU-market into Poland.)

And as you probably know Poland is the real winner of WWII, and it is commonly known that the winner takes all. :D
Poor Poland, first the Nazis ruined ut, then the Soviets shafted it by seeing up a pupet regime and it's only just recovering from that.

Sooner or later manpower in Poland will rise to extraorbitant prices compared to other countries, thanks to the arrogance of their political leaders.
It's pobably because all the Poles are moving back home so there's no one to work in the factory so they're moving it to Poland with the workers.:D

I thought, all electronics was moving to the far east, China and Thailand, where you are.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back