Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser Rangefinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikzton24

I have a problem, where can I buy an OEM laser rangefinder that has a serial out and a 30 meters range??? I need this in my project.. Can anyone help me about this. I need a manufacturer that can ship it here in the Philippines.

I hope this is the right place to post this thread. I'm new here. Thanks in advance guys.

Resolution and most importantly minimum range?

Well, it almost doesn't matter because the Opti-Logic RS modules are the only ones that are even remotely affordable anyways.

John: how do you like that Stanley tool? I was given a Bosch laser distance meter a few years ago as a gift. I like it's features except the moron that designed it only put in the units of m, feet, and the asinine feet and fractions of an inch. I have spent many happy times imagining my throat around the marketing idiot who didn't include cm, mm, and decimal inches. Of course, I still love what the thing does, as it has saved my bacon a few times. The most recent was a compound miter cut on a 16 foot long 2x6 for an awning and I got it right the first time (never would have with a tape measure, as it was a bit inaccessible and up on a ladder).

I like mine, particularly its asinine units. I hate converting silly centimeters to feet, inches, and fractions. It is quite accurate and was able to measure the refractive index of water in a bucket. I like the red laser targeting dot so you know what you are measuring. Mine is several years old.

John

To the OP: sorry for hijacking your thread, but I only have one more question for John.

Does your unit function well during bright sunshine? I find it difficult to see the red laser dot farther than 5 m or so in bright sunshine. I use an old red B&W filter I had and it helps a bit, but the best measurements are made around dusk. I'm mainly curious, as I won't be replacing the thing anytime soon because it gets used much less than my tape measure. However, it's invaluable at times -- especially indoors. (I know the more expensive ones like those made by Leitz can work well outside in the sun, but I'm not willing to plunk down $500 or more for a unit.)

I have actually not tried it outdoors. Most of my work with it has been for interior dimensions in homes and barns.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back