Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser detector needed..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatbuddy

Hi doodz and doodies,
How r u all?
Let me straightly ask u my requirement..
I need a laser detector i mean a photodiode which fullfil my requirements which are following..

Laser wavelength - 630nm ,
Must capable of recieving the laser beam in 180 degrees ,
Lemme know if u need any further info.

Thanks.

180 degrees? That's a wide viewing angle! I think most photodiodes are going to have an angle very close to their light emitting angle, which is much shallower, like 70-120 degrees tops, so you'll probably want to use an array. You could use a small lens to bend the light from a wider area to increase the receiving angle. 630NM is red light, a CDS photo cell will work pretty could, and they're dirt cheap if you're not dead set on using a photo diode. CDS cells are also comparatively easy to interface with.

@Sceadwian

Can u provide the data sheet for the CDS cells?

And make me sure that the cell must be recieving not less than 120 degrees..

Hi doodz and doodies,
How r u all?
Let me straightly ask u my requirement..
I need a laser detector i mean a photodiode which fullfil my requirements which are following..

Laser wavelength - 630nm ,
Must capable of recieving the laser beam in 180 degrees ,
Lemme know if u need any further info.

Thanks.

180 Degrees, VERY UNLIKELY without an External Lens.
But a 2N5777 Photo transistor will detect a Visable Red Laser.

I have them, If Needed.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back