Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok i got a laptop its "p205d-s7439" from toshiba and the LCD backlight doesnt work (sometimes)..

I bought a new inverter... Didnt fix the issue...
I bought a new Backlight... Didnt fix the issue...

When i close my lid and reopen the screen works for like 2 seconds then shuts off...

I think its a faulty Hall Effect sensor. So i removed it.. Its a .. 5 pin i think SOT-553 or something similar...

Ill attach some pictures...

What do you think the best way to replace this is?

1. Should i find what the signal pin is and just use a PIC micro to send a fake signal saying its open and to stay on... and just use a little switch or button to control the PIC...?

2. Should i find the Hall Effect sensor it self and buy that and add it in?

I think option 1 is more viable as it may take forever to find a compatible hall effect sensor. If any exist at all. If so do you think my idea would actually work? It seems to have a translator of some sort or some ic close to it. Check in the pictures... and please this is my wifes laptop, im not rich so can not just buy a new one.

Atom I cannot for the life of me find a 5 pin hall effect sensor.

If all else fails can you somehow replace the sensor with a reed switch?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back