Laptop Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Ok i got a laptop its "p205d-s7439" from toshiba and the LCD backlight doesnt work (sometimes)..

I bought a new inverter... Didnt fix the issue...
I bought a new Backlight... Didnt fix the issue...

When i close my lid and reopen the screen works for like 2 seconds then shuts off...

I think its a faulty Hall Effect sensor. So i removed it.. Its a .. 5 pin i think SOT-553 or something similar...

Ill attach some pictures...

What do you think the best way to replace this is?

1. Should i find what the signal pin is and just use a PIC micro to send a fake signal saying its open and to stay on... and just use a little switch or button to control the PIC...?

2. Should i find the Hall Effect sensor it self and buy that and add it in?

I think option 1 is more viable as it may take forever to find a compatible hall effect sensor. If any exist at all. If so do you think my idea would actually work? It seems to have a translator of some sort or some ic close to it. Check in the pictures... and please this is my wifes laptop, im not rich so can not just buy a new one.

That acts like a hall effect when a magnet is near? either "t'interweb" is wrong or electronics have changed a bit without me knowing

Atom I cannot for the life of me find a 5 pin hall effect sensor.

If all else fails can you somehow replace the sensor with a reed switch?

Last edited:
Here are some examples.. but none seem like they can be pin match...

Search on digikey for : IC HALL SWITCH MICROPWR SOT-553

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…