Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LAbview Program for single solar tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasmin

Hi all i am having problem trying to build a labview programm for a single parabolic solar tracking

please any help will be much appreciated

I'm not a LabView user, but know what it is. You need to establish:
complexity: Is this a one or two axis tracker?
input: What are you using to determine on or off target position?
output: What are you driving to correct the positioning of the tracker.
ambiguities: night, clouds, snow....

Ken

Hi Ken
thanks for the reply
I am using one axis tracker, with two LDR and a DC motor to control the position

yasmin

Do you have your hardware (external to the program) figured out? Maybe a schematic? What inputs and outputs do you have on your I/O card?

Ken

As I said in my first post, I'm not a Labview user/programmer. So, unfortunately, I can' help in that area.

Ken

Last edited:
With any program one of the initial places to start is to write pseudcode. It can be as complicated as it needs to be.
Could be something like
POWER ON SELF TEST:
Verify limits work and timeout if they don;t reach the limits within the expected time.
While looking for the limits verify the operation of the sensors. e.g. Determine if they work or it's dark outside.
if the sensor or the limits don;t work then turn on a siren for 5 minutes and send an sms messages.

So you get the idea.

The YT video SEEMS to use embedded Labview which is something I am not familiar with.

Anyway, Labview is a data flow language. When data becomes available to the vi (Virtual Instrument), the vi executes. This makes it VERY easy to write concurrent programs. You can have "RACE CONDITIONS" when the language is improperly used.

It's also difficult to have interrupt generating programs.

One of the more difficult things is getting started. A helpful concept is to make sure the Vi's have error clusters. The vi should execute if an error generated previously is 0 and just pass the error through if there is an error upstream or it's time to handle the error.

LabVIEW has a steep learning curve, but I started learning the language in ver 2.2.1. It has become very different and powerful since then. The last version I have used was ver 7 and most of my work was done in ver 3&4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back