Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L6562 output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok1982

As all we know L6562 is a transition mode PFC controller.
I am designing a boost circuit which should give Constant voltage of 400Vdc at output, even input voltage varies i.e. 90Vac to 270Vac.

But problem is that I am getting output of as 460Vdc. I want to reduce it, please suggest how I can?

L6562 datasheet attached here. Also, basic schematic is also there in datasheet.

Attachments

• L6562 datasheet.pdf
    244.1 KB · Views: 143
Well the voltage divider on pin 1 is the place to start. Are you certain the resistors are right?
Pin-1 should be 2.5V. Check that.
Pin-2 should be ?? (2.25 to 5.7V)? (with in the operating range what ever that is)
----edited----
Use an isolation transformer to be safe. This thing will hurt you.

Last edited:
Agreed - if pin 1 is at 2.5v then it's regulating ok, and you should check the divider. Is it possible that you're upsetting it by sinking too much current from pin 2?

You do know the 400 volts will have ripple. This is a power factor circuit. It is not designed to have very good 400 volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back