Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Knight Rider Voice Box - "Michael, Look Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonzero

Greetings all

Does anyone have a schematic that details how to build the 3 strip Knight Rider voice box? I like to be able to have a sound input (3.5mm headphone jack) and output so that I could connect the voice box inbetween the stereo and the amp/speakers.

Ive attached a picture for those that need their memories refreshed :wink:

Attachments

• voiceani.gif
    voiceani.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 8,163
If LED VU display is what you are looking for, then use LM3914 / LM3915 Bar Graph ICs from National Semi. The IC's datasheet also contains sample schematic. You can get it from www.national.com

I found this link, dont know if it wll help much. There is no schematic, but it tells you how to use a PIC chip to create this effect.
**broken link removed**

~Mike

RE: Voice Box Diagram

Hi, I've attached a diagram I found of KITT's voice box, it has a audio input but no output. One could be added easily though. I tried it and it works great.

Have Fun!!

Attachments

• voiceboxmodified.jpg
    voiceboxmodified.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 6,775
Hi, thanks for the diagram, I find STARTUP diagram like Knight Rider, microphone in for KITT's voice box, You can helpme? please...

This thread is over 4 years old, and shunter has been on only once! what makes you think that they will be able to help you?

Yeah, thats true, gotta give him that.

I request patience to them,
I speak Spanish, use translator, I look for schemes that help me to do: Box voice of knight to rider, monitoring, et cetera, (only the lights), an entrance for microphone electret for box voice, is only a hobbie.

YouTube - My name!?

Yes, you are correct, I was the person who built the KITT voice box and placed it on You Tube. My real name is Shane Hunter, I put that diagram of the voice box on this site before I modified it to my needs, I hope you like my voice box and now I have just finished it off and put it in an enclosure!
:D :D :)

i built the strobing red light for the front, if anyone's intrested

:)

4017 and a 555 if i remember correctly. fitted to my pushbike. many many years ago

Hello Shane your work is fantastic, leaves wishing to see the complete scheme me, if it beams by money and does not want to help many agradecerian to be able to also see it and pcb.
Moan to have taken in responding, lack of time and problems with the signal of wifi.
Greetings.

Karr

Yes, you are correct, I was the person who built the KITT voice box and placed it on You Tube. My real name is Shane Hunter, I put that diagram of the voice box on this site before I modified it to my needs, I hope you like my voice box and now I have just finished it off and put it in an enclosure!
:D :D :)

I see your video on youtube.you have very nice voice box.:D
could you send me plans of this voice box by mail?
my mail is mikado387@email.cz

I have looked this up before. Unfortunately the chip used is not available in Canada. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have looked this up before. Unfortunately the chip used is not available in Canada. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Assuming you mean the LM3915 it's a VERY common IC, and certainly will be available in Canada - if you can't find it, order it from somewhere else - it's a small world these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back