Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Knife block that creates sound when knife is put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiblowsky

Hi guys, I want to make a Project: a knife block with a speaker that plays a sound when a knife is put into the block.

I image the sensor Will be inside the Block.

What sensor would I need to do this? It cant be infrared as the knife has no heat, right?

Hi guys, I want to make a Project: a knife block with a speaker that plays a sound when a knife is put into the block.

I image the sensor Will be inside the Block.

What sensor would I need to do this? It cant be infrared as the knife has no heat, right?

What kind of sound? A single thump, or do you want it to play a musical chord or Mary Had A Little Lamb?

I would use the steel knife blade to complete the circuit and the scream will play. I am sure you can find plenty of push-button scream boxes this time of year.

If you are using a plastic knife, I would use a microswitch with a spring lever.

!

Last edited:
I would use a slotted opto isolator, in the style of these:

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back