Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KMH to MPH Speed convertor and delimiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Japanese import car and would like to see how tricky it would be to make up my own speed convertor and delimiter.

Does anyone know what is involved in making these at all?

Thanks,
Ant

Possibly just taking the output from the speed sensor and using a frequency to voltage converter IC like the LM2907 and then using the variable voltage from it to drive a voltage to frequency converter IC like a LM566 may allow you to make a simple analog based frequency changer. However all of the vehicles shift points will be a bit off being everything is changed by a roughly 63/100 ratio.

If you could change your vehicles shift point parameters then it may be possible to use a basic circuit like that along with basic shift point tweaks to make up for the differences.

But on the positive side the speed limiter would be at MPH instead of KPH!

I'm guess ing the shift points are to do with auto gearboxes?

I'll have a look about for the parts you've mentioned and see about giving them a go

Cheers
Ant

If its a manual transmission then obviously it wont bother the shifting pattern.

What is the purpose of changing the speed converter and delimiter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back