Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

killing two birds w/ 1 stone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

I need to disable the PIR from triggering the PIC. Contemplated just doing it with code but the PIR is still triggering the PIC durring daylight unless I have a way to detect daylight and disabling the pin on the PIC that triggers the PIC
disabling the PIR using the photo transistor might solve both and still enable the PIR at night??
yes no maybe??
the PIR outputs 3v when triggered thus taking the collector LOW.
during daylight the collector will always be high maybe draw less current?

Attachments

• Capture6-26-2009-9.09.11 PM.png
    Capture6-26-2009-9.09.11 PM.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 155
Hi,

Looks like you have some spare inputs on whatever chip it is - if you have an analogue one free why not feed the ldr into that so you can both disable the PIR and adjust the ldr sensistivity by the software.

yes I have some inputs

I was jus thinking outloud and maybe a good idea might surface.
It was suggested to use a Cds but then I need to use ADC. No big deal but the code for this simple device has gotten way outta hand.

that occured to me

just need to develop a simple circuit where the PIR will still work at night.
sounds simple but need to consider battery comsumption as well

The posted circuit will disable the PIR?

or at least ir should.
a cDs might work just as well but would take some tweeking for each unit??
to get the transistor to shut off durring daylight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back