Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keypad over one wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue #2 of JPUG has a 1 wire analog type schematic and source for the 18F1320 (Junebug)

I need the smiley banging the head to the wall .... I knew I saw that somewhere .. I knew it ... but .. could of saved me few hours :(

EDIT: just checked it out ... this one would not do it .. the schematic from the jpub is to "make the keypad" and you use resistor per key ... if you get the standard keypad (factory one) you cannot put the resistors without doing too many modifications ... the one I needed / made is attachable to any off the shelve keypad 3x4 (easy to modify to 4x4)

Last edited:
It is fairly common. Heres another similar version. I've interfaced to a piece of avionics equipment that ran variable resistors and switches using the resistance method to the input of an analog multiplexor. The reading device supplied a clock and one wire. The clock drove a counter and every so many counts, a new analog value was place on the multiplexor output (single wire)for reading the level or state, by an analog input on the micro. Works like a charm:)

Multiple buttons, no problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back